Wednesday, January 11, 2012

And I give a damn because?

1- Considering the call I got Wednesday, insanely good.
2- Gym on Thursday (thrice a week by next week, I swear!!)
3- ...yeah, need to refresh the polish on my nails.
4- man, I missed writing more than I thought.

So Wednesday at work, got a call from my ex-lanlord's company. Now here's the thing: my landlord was a major crook, ass, cheapass, *insert other suitable adjective*. The apartment I rented from him turned out to be a mold infested place that destroyed most if not all of our furniture. After long and extremely tedious legal procedures, we finally managed to break our lease by threatening him with a city inspection. And we would get absolutely no compensation for our destroyed things. Fantastic. At least, I still had my lawsuit at the RĂ©gie du logement. (Which will be settled in either 4 months to 2+ years...)

Only, things didn't simply end there. Last month, the city calls, asking how things are going with my apartment. I say "Splendidly since I don't live there anymore." Aaaand, even though I tell them I don't want anything to do with it anymore, the city decides to go and inspect anyways.

And Wednesday, there's this message on my machine. "Mam, please call us back as we have had a city inspection and we would like to ask you some stuff."

Ok. Seriously. I thought this shit was over and done with. My lease is broken, I got nothing to say to them other than "I'll see you in court." which, btw, WAS the last thing I said to them. So I call back, 'cause I'm a good girl who returns her calls, even those to crooked landlords who overcharge and take +4 days to call you back when you tell them your apartment is full of mold and WTF!!! I end up on the machine, leave a polite message that I am returning their call.

Inside, I'm panicking, and wondering if they can cancel the cancellation of my lease. I know they have new tenants, so that's unlikely, but still... the guy seems to have 25 years experience in double-crossing people. I'm not that old, a little naive and generally a good person (i.e. I don't fight or bite very hard.) I don't have bad intentions, so it's hard for me to see through people who DO.

Anyways, spent the day dreading every new message on my machine, but at the same time really wanting them to call me back to know WHAT it is they wanted with me!! Finally, get a message back in late afternoon. It was one of the many assistants, one who was never assigned to my case before. And he sounds really uncomfortable over the phone. Message went like this: "Well hi, um... I'm calling you back about the message I left you this morning. It seems there was a misunderstanding. We did get a city inspection and report, but nothing in the report indicates that there is a mold problem. So, yeah... because of that, the owner says that since your problem was with mold, ...ah... well, that it's not his fault so he's denying all responsibility and we'll see you in court. NO NEED TO CALL ME BAack... this was.... just to let you know...? Ah... thank you!"


...


Assholes. As if that message contained anything useful I didn't already know.

So anyways, went to the gym on Thursday, burned a good 300+ calories, plus since my cracked rib has begun hurting less, got back to working on the machines. What kinda sucks though is that we ended up having dinner at McDonalds afterwards... oy. Not my idea: since we were in the middle of a snowstorm, we'd heard on the radio that traffic was going all the way from DT Montreal to Blainville, which NEVER happens, and would be pretty terrible to be in. We decided to wait for the worst of it to be over, but BF and I couldn't agree on a restaurant for dinner... Suppose I learned my lesson since I was feeling queasy most of the way home.

Since we got home so late, nails were far from my first priority, i.e. SLEEP.

Which is what I should get around to doing right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment